Materials used were all available off the shelf from supermarkets. Various sizes of popsicle sticks, toothpicks, ice cream cup wooden spoons and barbecue sticks (for the engine nozzles) were used in this build. Odd parts came from the 'spares box'.
Tools used are listed below:
- Dremel Rotary Tool Model 3000 and Minimite with the following attachments:
- 1/2 and 1/4 inch drum sander (fine & coarse grade)
- fine and coarse sanding disc
- regular and reinforced cut-off wheels
- #125 high speed cutter
- Olfa cutter
- mechanical pencil and ruler
- various mini clamps
- Elmer's white multi purpose glue
Take extra care when using Dremel's #125 high speed cutter when you drill a hole for the engine nozzle (Step 3). The bit is sharp and sometimes difficult to control when used at high speeds.