Introduction: Mini Blackberry Croissant Pies
These delicious bites are perfect for summer days outside. The rolls create this buttery crust that pairs well with the acidity of the berries.
My mom and I were walking from my grandmother's house to a new bakery in town and we passed bunches of blackberry bushes. I came back from a long day of swimming and found the berries we had collected in the fridge. Too tired to make the crust I improvised and used what we had in the fridge. This turned out flaky and sweet.
Step 1: Supplies and Ingredients
-Board (I used a plastic cutting board)
-1 cup of flour (for sprinkling)
-Silicon cupcake inserts
-4 cups of blackberries (I used wild ones I picked earlier)
- 1/2 cup sugar
-Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (3 tubes)
Step 2: Making the Filling
1. Mix the blackberries and sugar in a bowl. Then set it aside while you make the crusts.
Preheat the oven to 375.
Step 3: Making the Crusts
2. Open the tube of Crescent Rolls and separate out the triangles.
3. Take one triangle and roll it into a ball. Then flatten it to a disc.
4. Sprinkle flour onto the surface your rolling on and onto the rolling pin.
5. Roll from the middle up and down. Then flip so it's extra wide. Then roll up and down again.
Step 4: Making the Crusts Pt 2
6. Take the silicon cupcake insert and flip it inside out.
7. Drape the dough on top of it and arrange it to be mostly even on all sides.
8. Then flip the insert and the dough back in place all at once.
9. Squish the dough to look slightly nicer if you want.
Step 5: Baking
Bake them on 375 for 14 minutes.
With this amount of time the top and bottom are both cooked, but the bottom is still soft while the top is golden perfection.