Someone I know is fanatic of DOR-15 (or DORIS), the evil robo-hat from the "Meet the Robinsons" movie. So, this is my first attempt for making one. This is a vibrobot made with the hat of a Mr. Potato Head. When I find a bigger hat, I will try to make a walker one.
Step 1: Materials
1 Mr. Potato Head hat
1 cap from a phone horn
1 camera len (I use one from a damaged security camera)
6 butterfly clips (I use 8 because I want an octopod Mini DOR-15)
1 toy motor
1 Playstation joystick motor eccentric weight (or you can make your own eccentric weight using a plastic or metallic piece)
1 Big red LED.
2 LR1 batteries
1 LR1 batteries holder
2 iron pieces
red and black wire
screws and bolts
Dremel Rotary Tool
And don't forget the classic building rules (plus one):
1. If you don't have it, replace it!
2. Use protective equipment (dust mask and goggles)
3. Beware of drilled and soldered hot surfaces
4. Work in a good ventilated area.
5. Always have junk in stock.