BTW, first instructable! :)
For this instructable you will need:
2. Push Button (I ONLY HAD TWO SWITCHES)
3. LED (don't have one... find an old computer and take out the HDD light or the power light)
4. 9v Battery.
5. 9v Battery Connector.
6. Soldering Iron.
7. Multimeter (very helpful if using the headphone jack version)
8. Small box to put it all in.
9. Wire, lots of wire.
10. 1K resistor, to stop LED from burning out
0. 3.5mm Jack (take from mp3 player or other)
0. Cheap Headphones
0. Steel wool to test that it all works :)
0. Hot glue gun (also not needed, but helpful)
Step 1: Collect all the stuff.
As you can see in the picture once the ARM switch has been flipped the LED will come on showing that there is power going through the circuit.
When the FIRE button / switch is pressed the power is sent through the jack or just wires to steel wool. steel wool is very fine and will glow red hot when a current is passed through it.
Step 2: Having trouble?
If you are having trouble with the headphone jack version, scrap it and just have 2 wires.
Step 3: Put it together
If you ever have troubles putting this together just e-mail me and i will reply ASAP.
As you can see in the photo below I don't have my led connected. ( glue gun fell over and melted it LoL)
Step 4: Test It Out
I like the jack version because it is really easy to use (harder to make though) and easier to transport.
Thanks for viewing