A new genre for mini popsicle stick models, the Fokker DR.1 Triplane was renowned as the aircraft flown by Manfred Von Richtofen, the famous Red Baron during the first World War.
The model was a simple build that required very few parts and uncomplicated carving/shaping steps. The only major challenge for this project was carving the triplane wings to simlulate the serrated edges and ribbed surfaces.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
Tools used for this project are listed below:
- Dremel Rotary Tool Model 3000 and MiniMite with the following attachments:
- 1/2 and 1/4 inch drum sander (fine & coarse grade)
- fine and coarse sanding disc
- regular and reinforced cut-off wheels
- #125 and #193 high speed cutter
- #83702 silicone carbide grinding stone
- Olfa cutter with #11 Xacto Blade
- Fine tweezers
- mechanical pencil and ruler
- various mini clamps
- Elmer's white multi purpose glue