Because of the small scale of this model, majority of the materials used were from the scraps box (left overs from previous projects). Only the materials used to fabricate the fuselage and the wings were from whole tongue depressor sized popsicle sticks. Check out the side-by-side photo of the Fokker Triplane and the Avatar Scorpion Gunship....
Tools used for this project are listed below:
- Dremel Rotary Tool Model 3000 and MiniMite with the following attachments:
- 1/2 and 1/4 inch drum sander (fine & coarse grade)
- fine and coarse sanding disc
- regular and reinforced cut-off wheels
- #125 and #193 high speed cutter
- #83702 silicone carbide grinding stone
- Olfa cutter with #11 Xacto Blade
- Fine tweezers
- mechanical pencil and ruler
- various mini clamps
- Elmer's white multi purpose glue
Course sanding, grinding and drilling was achieved using the Model 3000 while more intricate sanding was done by the Dremel MiniMite.