NOTE: So I made these yesterday and brought them into work today. I found out these do not keep well. The liquid from the fruit soaks into the cookies and starts to disintegrate them. Try to prepare these as close to the time you are going to eat them as possible. You can bake the cookies ahead of time and possibly frost them, but wait to add the fruit.
Step 1: Supplies
- 16 oz Strawberry (estimate)
- 9 oz Blueberries (estimate)
- 11 oz can of Mandarine Oranges
- 4-5 Kiwifruits (estimate)
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese - softened
- Strawberry Sauce (optional)
- You can use whatever fruits you want! Try out different combinations :)
I had to estimate how much of the kiwi, strawberries and blueberries I used because I prepared all of what I bought and just put the extra together into a nice fruit bowl.
Step 2: Cookie Crust
Cut into cookie sizes and bake according to your directions.
Step 3: Sauce
Take your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and mix them all together.
Spread on cookies now or wait until before you want to serve them.
Step 4: Fruit Topping
- Drain them. If you would like you can tear them apart now. I waited and tore them up as I put them on my pizzas.
- Wash them. You can cut them in half if you don't want huge blueberries on your pizzas.
- Wash them.
- Cut off the stems and cut them as you would like. I cut them into slices and then cut those slices in half.
- Wash them. I don't know if you have to, but I like to just in case and those little hairs were getting everywhere.
- Cut off each end.
- Using a spoon, dig it in the kiwi as close to the skin as you can.
- Go all the way through and gently drag it around the kiwi as close to the skin as possible to separate it.
- (When I did this the skin would tear, but that seemed to make it easier for me so I just ended up tearing it purposely after the first one.
- Cut as desired. I cut it into slices and then cut those slices into four pieces (like a pizza!)
Step 5: Fruit Toppings. Assemble!
For the mandarin oranges, I used about a piece for each mini pizza and just tore it up and put it on.
Top it off with some strawberry sauce if you want or serve them plain!