Introduction: Mini Poppets Fume Extractor
hi im Matthew this is my first instructable although i have smiler videos on my youtube channel
this particulate project was inspired by kipkays mini fume extractor except this 1 uses different components and it not in an Altoids tin
here it is in action :) please follow me on here and on youtube mllmTech
Step 1: Parts List
1. a 12 volt 10mm fan ( led ones are nicer but optional)
2. flexible 9 volt battery snaps x2
3. 2 9 volt battery's
4. insulated wire (the thinner the better but it really doesn't mater)
5. poppets box or any other candy container that will fit the parts
6. a regular on/off toggle switch
optional: a 78 12 voltage regulator this drop the voltage from the battery's from 18 volts to 12 this will make the battery's last longer and will prevent unlikely shorts in the circuit due to to much voltage being put through it.
Step 2: Assembling the Components
Assembling The Components:
1. tin and strip the wires of all the components with lead free solder ( its much safer)
2. using one of the 9 volt battery's see which of the wires coming from the fan is positive + and which is negative -
3. with the positive - wire of the fan connect it to the positive terminal of toggle switch
4. with the two battery snaps get one of the positive legs from one and the negative wire from the other and solder them together
5. with the battery snaps connected solder the positive wire from the fan to the positive wire on the battery snap
6. now connect the negative wire from the battery snap to the negative terminal on the toggle switch
7. now all that's left to do is put it in the candy tin of your choice
thanks for looking at my first ever instructable please follow me on here and on youtube mllmTECH
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.