Step 1: Supplies and Tools
- 1 Clear plastic Gatorade bottle or a similar bottle
- 1 Piece of felt
- 1 Small piece of cardboard
- All purpose glue
- Rick rack
- Small craft items to put in the container when it is finished!
Step 2: Marking the Bottle
A custom fit for the article being stored is a plus!
I used a can to mark mine as shown in the picture, it worked very nicely.
Step 3: Cutting the Bottle
- Now that you have marked the size you want using a knife carefully cut around the mark following it as close as you can.
- Trim the edges with the scissors to smooth out any uneven edges.
Step 4: Marking and Cutting the Cardboard and Felt
- Using the Cut bottle top as a pattern, place it onto the cardboard and draw around the base with a marker.
- Cut out 1 cardboard circle.
- Place the cardboard over the folded felt piece and draw around the cardboard onto the felt.
- Cut out the 2 circles from the marked felt piece.
Step 5: Gluing the Felt and Cardboard to the Bottle Top
- Glue one of the felt pieces to the cardboard.
- Turn it over and glue the remaining felt piece to the cardboard.
- Press firmly to help it stick together forming a tight seal.
- Allow it to dry.
Step 6: Gluing the Embellishments
- Glue a button to the lid.
- Glue ribbon or rick rack to the base to cover any ugly edges.
- Fill with small craft items!
Step 7: The Pill Bottle
Step 8: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
Thank you for stopping by and please drop by again! Until then . . . . Have a splendorous day!