Introduction: Mini Yellow Cupcakes With Jam Frosting
Who doesn't love a comforting MINI yellow cupcake? This time, with a twist!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of white, granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk (1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice, and let sit for 5 minutes before using)
- 1/2 cup of shredded, sweetened coconut (optional)
For jam frosting:
- 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tbsp of your favorite jam (I used blackberry pomegranate.)
Step 2: Wet Ingredients
1. Fill a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing, electric mixer, beat eggs. Once fully beaten, add sugar, and beat until well incorporated. Add canola and vanilla extract, and beat for 30 seconds.
Step 3: Dry Ingredients & Milk
4. Alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture, and beat until well incorporated. Fold in the shredded coconut (optional).
Step 4: Bake
5. Pour about a tablespoon of batter into each cupcake liner. Bake cupcakes for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Step 5: Prepare Frosting
6. While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting. To prepare frosting, beat butter in a medium-sized bowl. Beat in confectioner's sugar and milk, alternating each. Lastly, beat in your favorite jam to produce your desired color. No food coloring necessary!
Step 6: Finishing Touches
7. Frost cupcakes once they are completely cool. Add finishing touches such as sprinkles or fresh fruit (sprinkle pomegranate seeds!), and enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.