Introduction: Mini Battery Powered Soldering Iron!
Hello, this time i am here with a modification of my previous battery powered soldering iron . This one is very very short sized this uses only 4 AA batteries and does the work a a good soldering iron 1 Hope you will like it it very compact like a thick bold marker!
And it can work like an 35 watt soldering iron and it's very safe to use also because it takes 10 seconds max to get very very hot and 5 secs to cools down . The actual thing is you simply need to press a button and in 10 secs it ready to use.
Step 1: Stuff You Need!
All you need is some common house hold stuff! and if you don't have it you can easily buy one from any general store !
1. Paper , pencil , A pair of scissors , transparent tape and some sketch pens !
2. Rechargeable battery * 4
3. Some hard metal strips , pliers , wires and soldering stuff!
Step 2: Procedure
Now you are going to the final procedure
- This procedure is quiet tricky first connect four Rechargeable AA 1.5 volts batteries in series .
- Tape them as i have done or you can do it your own way it's your choice what you prefer.
- Now connect a push button to the negative terminal and connect a hard core wire to the other side of the push button the stick it with some glue.
- Now connect a power jack holder or "i don't know what it called" to the batteries for charging them. You can see how i did it.
- Take a metal strip fold it like a tight lead holder and rub the other side so you can solder it and the solder it like i had done.
- Now put the graphite pencil lead and insert in in the metal strip.
- Now solder the metal strip with a high wattage soldering iron.
- Wrap the hard core wire connected to the negative terminal such that it's quiet far from the other side.
- Here you go! Just press the push-button and wait for 10 secs and it will start smoking this smoking will not happen after 10 to 20 times use.
Step 3: Casing and Finishing
Once you've made the whole setup now it time for casing . The casing is also important cause it prevents the heat of the main body to catch you fingers . And it looks pretty well too. I used a simple cardboard and painted it with water color so it looks pretty !
Step 4: Author Tips
These are simple instructions and description of this soldering iron!
- This soldering iron get's hot in only 10 secs ! It's the mAximum time taken by this iron to get hot in fact if the battery's power is at 60% it get's hot in only 4 to 5 secs .
- The battery should be charged regularly after a 5 hrs use and the minimum charge duration should be 5hours at least.
- Don't use the soldering iron for a long time duration max is 30 secs after 30secs release the push button for minimum 4 seconds the continue for 30 secs again.
- And don't get confused on what's the tip the graphite lead itself is the tip of it.
- The graphite rod needs to be replaced monthly!
- Now that's all Enjoy
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.