Love it! But not so much the price though, $96 ? Ouch. So of course I decided to make my own, and thought I would share the pattern.
NOTE: this pattern/tut is for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Please do not sell tophats you make from this pattern. I took my idea from someone who is selling it, we should at least show her some respect by not competing with her.
If you make one of these, please please send me a picture! I would love to see what people come up with.
More tutorials and other crap I make & do at hungrypanda.net
Step 1: Stuff you need
* Thin cardboard. I used a cereal box, but a tissue or shoe box would work equally well.
* Fabric to cover your hat. I like damask, but you can use any thick wovens, upholstery fabric would work well here. If the fabric is too thin, your glue will show through.
* Hot glue/glue gun
* Glue for gluing your fabric to the cardboard. I used modge podge because I was too lazy to dig in the garage for my fabric glue, but that would work well also.
* Elastic, preferably in a color that blends with your hair. I used 1/4 inch, although I think next time I might go thinner since my ears hurt after wearing it for a while.
* Feathers/other decorations.