So I decided to make some miniature bottle sculptures by sticking tiny train figurines into them (and onto them). I had this idea some time ago of creating little melancholy scenes inside glass bottles. The following ible' is what I came up with. I 'm going to make a whole bunch of different ones, but these are the first 2 that i came up with.
These aren't too hard to make but can be fiddly at times. My next mission is to find some more train miniatures which have better refined features and actions.
Step 1: Things to Gather
1. Miniature train figurines – eBay
2. Miniature bottles – eBay
4. Music wire
5. Plastic bb bullets - eBay
1. Super glue
2. Needle nose pliers
3. Stanley knife
4. Wire cutters
Step 2: Balloon Man - Getting Started
2. Next decide what colour balloons you want him to hold. I used BB bullets for this.
3. Cut a small piece of music wire (I used .55mm gauge wire) and bend. This will be the string for your balloons. Each length of wire should be aprox 10mm long
4. Have the super glue and bottle ready
Step 3: Balloon Man - Putting it Together
1. Heat-up one of the ends of the wire for the string and once red, stick it into one of the BB bullets.
2. Next heat-up the other end and do the same with another bullet.
3. Lastly add a drop of super glue to a bullet and attach it to the other 2 on the wire.
4. Prop-up the balloons on a match and position the man so his hand is in the “V” of the wire.
5. Super glue into place. Leave to dry for 20 minutes