Introduction: How to Make a Miniature Fishing Pole
First off, this is my first Instructable. I had been looking at fishing poles on Instructables when I thought about making my own. I copied the idea of a pen launcher and I used a basic idea for the pole. Made 1/30/2010
Step 1: What You Need
I used some household items to make this so you'll probably have the stuff.
-1 Bic round stic pen
-1 small binder clip
-3 small washers
-2 big washers
-hot glue gun
-and a small paperclip
- 1 rubber-band
Step 2: Building the Rod
1. Take the front end off the pen and remove the ink tube
2.Cut the rubber-band in half and tape each end to one side of the pen thing
3.Then,tape the launcher piece to the front of the pen casing
(keep the ink tube ,you will need it)
Step 3: Making the Reel
Okay, good job making it this far. Before I go on, I hope you realize you wont catch a very big fish with this rod. lets get started.
1. Clip the binder clip onto the opposite end of the pen from the launcher
2. get your bolt and put a small washer on by the head of the bolt
3.then partially put the bolt through the first grip and put the 2 big washers and one small on the bolt
4. now put the rest of the bolt through the second grip
5.put on the last small washer and 1 nut
6.bend one end up from the parer-clip and put it on the bolt and hot glue it in place
7.put the second nut on the bolt so the paper-clip is sandwiched between bolts. The paper-clip will be used as the handle.
Step 4: Add the Fishing Line
Get about 14 feet of fishing line and tie it into a very tight square knot onto the bolt. Cut off the excess line.Reel in all the line except for 1 foot. put the end of the line through the launcher hole. Get the ink tube and tie the fishing line to it so 1 foot of line is on the other end of it. Tie a fishing hook to the end of the line.
Step 5: Launching
By now, you have probably realized, this will be hard to cast out. Luckily, this rod launches itself. I have different parts of the pole labeled as part A,B,and C. Check out the picture.
1. First, unreel the amount of line you want. The more line you let out, the further your line will cast out.
2. Now, push the ink tube through part B and let the end of the ink tube catch on the rubber-band.
3. Push the tube through the 2 washers on the reel.
4. Be sure part A snaps into part B
5. To launch, aim the pole towards the spot you want it to land and push part C towards part B
Tadda! Hopefully, you'll catch a fish.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.