Introduction: Miniature Landscape Pencil Holder
How to make a paper miniature pencil holder from a piece of cardboard, 2 toilet paper rolls, paper mache, copper wiring, rope and some paint.
- Cut one quarter off a toilet paper roll.
- Glue with hot glue the 3 pieces of toilet paper rolls on a piece of cardboard.
- Cut the base into a nice shape.
- Cut up some news paper in to small pieces of paper and glue this, with walpaper glue on the toilet paper rolls.
- Cut thepieces of news paper in to smaller pieces of paper. Put the small piece of paper in a container and mix it up with water (you can also do this with a blender). When you have a past of water and paper you can put some wallpaper powder in the mixture and stir this for a minute. Now you have a nice mixture to put on your pencil holder.
Note: This is not the best way to do it. I was just testing out some new things. This mixture takes about 4 to 5 days to completely dry and the past runs down.
- Paint the pencil holder with a dark grey and let it dry.
- Than with a sponge and some light gray (almost with) dot the paint on the pencil holder.
- Paint the inside of the pencil holder black.
You are finish with the first part.
It’s time to make your tree.
- Get some old copper wiring and strip it.
- Get a small piece of copper, from about 45mm long.
- Wrap the copper wiring around the small piece of copper.
- On the end are 2 wires, put more copper wiring on the piece and make a third branch.
- With some 20mm and 40mm long copper wires I was playing around until I had the right look.
- When you have the right look, solder the joins together.
- Paint the tree in a brown color.
- Cut some rope into small pieces.
- Color the rope in a light and dark green.
- Get some sawdust.
- Color the sawdust in a light and dark green.
- When the paint dries. Rub the pieces op rope in je fingers and the pieces of rop that stuck together aren’t stuck anymore.
- You can do the same for the sawdust.
- Put some elementary glue on the branches of the tree and sprinkle some light green rope on the branches of the tree.
- Let it dry
- Put some elementary glue on the green rope pieces and sprinkle some dark green sawdust on it.
- Let it dry
- Put some elementary glue on the dark green sawdust and sprinkle some light green sawdust on it.
- Let it dry
For me the stem was a little bit to light.
- So with a sponge and some black paint I put some black paint on the tree. But do this very light.
- Puncture in the base of the pencil holder a small hole. Just large enough so you can put the stem in it.
- Sprinkle some sawdust around the hole. Just like with the tree.
- Glue the tree in place
And you are finished
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.