A lady at the fabric store told me to sell these, but I actually feel guilty for doing that, they're so easy to make that it feels like robbery. Here are the instructions.
Step 1: Materials
- one rectangle of cotton print, 16"x26" or 1" greater in length and width than final desired size (this allows for a half inch seam allowance on all four sides.) PREWASH before you cut it to size, or it'll fray and be smaller than intended.
- one rectangle of fleece, same size as your cotton. Prewash this too.
- one 18" strip of 3/4" wide elastic
- thread in a compatible color (I use two colors, one to match the fleece, and one to match the print)
- iron & ironing board
- fabric shears
- a sewing machine (or a vast amount of patience and skill to do this by hand)