You'll Need. . .
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 water
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon miso (red or white works best)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Medium sauce pot
- Measuring cup
- Spoon or spatula
- Small sieve
- Combine water, sugar, and corn syrup in sauce pot
- Heat over medium-high heat until the sugar melts
- Continue heating until the sugar caramelizes and turns a medium brown
- Remove from heat and add miso and cream. The mixture will foam up a lot, so be careful!
- Stir well to combine
- Pour through sieve into storage container
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!