Rather than having to carry around large bags of dog food at feeding times, make this mobile dog food storage bin. It is big enough to hold an 8kg bag of dog food, yet small enough to store in a tight place. The castor wheels and handle on the side allow you to move the dog food bin around with ease.
YOU WILL NEED:
2 of 450 x 500mm 16mm supawood – front + back
2 of 150 x 500mm – 16mm supawood – sides
2 of 182 x 450mm – 16mm supawood – top + bottom
1 handle and screws
2 overlay hinges and 16mm screws
40 x 30mm cut screws
Alcolin wood glue
Drill / Driver + assorted bits
Orbital sander + 180-grit sanding pads
Optional: Corner clamps
1. On both the front and back, use one of the side sections to draw a pencil line along the side edge. This line will guide you when drilling pilot holes for mounting the side sections.
2. At 50cm in from the top and bottom, drill and countersink 3mm pilot holes.
GOOD TO KNOW: The countersunk holes should be slightly larger than the size of the screwhead that you are using to join the sections together.
3. Use corner clamps to hold the front/back and sides in place while you drill pilot holes into the edges of the side sections.
4. Secure the front/back to the sides using 4 x 30mm screws.
5. Pop the base inside the frame. Drill pilot holes through the front/back and sides into the base. Countersink all holes before securing with 4 x 30mm screws.