In this instructable I will show you how I modded my Stereo Amplifier's case with two 4-inch PC fans which I bought from my favorite pc parts store.
I'll try to explain in the best way I can so it will apply to any Stereo amplifier you have.
Please Note: This instructable is aimed at people with some knowledge of Soldering as well as Electronic components.
You will need the following parts and tools:
- 2 PC fans (or 3 or 4 or 5 whatever your needs are) - I chose two 12V ones.
- 16 self-tapping fan screws (only 4 usually come with the each fan so double up if you can)
- 1 12Volt AC adapter (the one I chose is rated 12V @ 500mA - however I should have gone for the 1000mA)
- Keep the packaging the 12V adapter came in for the plastic!
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- whatever screwdriver you may need to dissemble your amplifier
- Needle-nose pliers
- Big and Small Tin snips or Side cutters (I chose Side Cutters)
- Wire Strippers
- Heat Shrink
- 50-year-old Henkel Scissors (well I don't imagine many people have these so you can use any large scissors or opt-out of needing them since tin snips should work the same way I used these)
- Any sort of Soldering gun or soldering iron (w/ solder of course)
- A Dremel tool or alternative rotary tool
- Rotary tool Sanding bit and cutting bit
- Hammer (to fix dents you're inevitably going to make in your amplifier case)
- Electrical Tape
- BiC lighter or whatever lighter you want