Introduction: Model D Splodies
I really wanted to post something so I came up with a new splody grenade. I also came up with a super splody grenade that expands off of my idea which is really devastating when it "a splodes"!! Thanks to the splodies flinging power it will launch the basic frag connectors quite a ways too!
Oh yeah PM if you wish to collaborate and add any other variations or help by making the full model of the D8 Suplody.
I'm starting my new campaign for seeing who the best knexers are by seeing who is willing to add this list so please do the same with your instructables or feel the shame of not being honest...yup wether you think so or not you aren't going crazy it's your conscience that's bothering you so post this exact same thing (or slightly modified paragraph) so that it may spread.
Started by TheDunkis
-Can have a lot of shrapnel
-Has a pretty good blast radius
-Shoots in almost every direction
-Good for placing as a mine (tie a string at the top then just pull over for an easy set explosion)
-Difficult to construct
-May be very unstable depending
-Hard to throw
Step 1: Simple Model D Spoldy
This is my favorite version of splodies I came up with myself.
1. I'd say it's easy but it can take a little finger dexterity to make these. If you have trouble with this step then I do not recommend you make these types of grenades.
2. Slip on either a silver space on each green rod or 3 blue spacers on each. Silvers are obviously alot easier
3. Now you just keep slipping in as many spacers as you want to complete it. Blues are a little easier to insert as they are skinnier and it gives you more sprapnel. For bonus shrapnel you can fill in between the spacers with more green rods if you make enough room.
Now you're done! Simply toss and watch the pieces fly every where! Be careful not to toss at someone's face as these can be pretty dangerous depending on the type of rubberband you use.
Step 2: Model D8 Super Splody
Now these are the beasts of splody grenades. It combines the power and shrapnel of splodies with the basic frag grenade's ability to hold a lot of pieces together. You can customize these just as much as the simple D Splodies!
1. It starts with the same process as simple splodies.
2. For lack of pieces I used only a green rod in between but for better results use the Model Ds from the last step. Make either 4 or 8 model Ds and add red connectors to each end. Also grab 2 white snowflakes.
3. Now add them all to the snowflakes at each end.
4. Your finished product. Once again for lack of pieces I only added 4 splodies hence the D4(r) name (r meaing rods instead of any spacers) but 8 would obviously be a lot better and with spacers.
Once again just toss and whitness the mayhem. Just make sure you can find all the pieces :p and as with the simple version handle with caution and definently don't throw this at someone's face. (trust me I still have a scar...from the splody and the person)
Like I mentioned earlier I don't have many free pieces left so once some of them do come available (or if I get some more) I'll update the instructable. I might also turn the super splodie into some sort of rocket and make a rocket launcher or maybe just a simple mortar to with it. ;)
Edit: Wow it may be a little more difficult than I thought making this over and over again if you only use green rods and no spacers. I tried it again a different way (not a good idea) where I had all the splodies on one snowflake and red connectors on the other end putting on the second snowflake and I ended up setting one off when trying to connect it. And guess what happened after that one went off? The whole thing did! Just imagine the destructive power if 8 went off. And yeah it hurt a little. I only wanted to post this to mention one new idea I got from this experience. A new sort of knex mine! Think if you kick this over it's going to have consequenses. Also you could probably put more than one either connected somehow or just near eachother in the same area and it would be like a mine field each one setting the next one off if it works well. I might just use these as targets for shooting practice just to see them "a splode" when I hit them!