Step 1: What You'll Need
• Computer & Internet access
• HYSYS software downloaded
• License to run HYSYS (usually provided by university)
Step 2: Opening HYSYS
1. Start > All Programs > AspenTech > Aspen HYSYS > Aspen HYSYS
While you may have more or less programs in the "Aspen HYSYS" folder, the only one needed to model a distillation tower is the main "Aspen HYSYS" program (highlighted above). Again, please note that this tutorial is directed towards Windows users. If you are In order to run HYSYS on a Mac computer you must first install a Windows operating system.
Step 3: Create a New Case
1. Click: file > new > new case.
If you prefer using keyboard shortcuts,
press: Control + n
This step is summarized in Figure 2.
The HYSYS main screen also displays software news, recent cases, and some helpful "getting started" links (these are labelled in Figure 2).