For this project I used one pair of cheap welding goggles found at my local non-chain hardware store.
Some leftover black suede from other projects.
Epoxy. Hmmmm, I loves me epoxy.
Some of that Fusion plastic pain in black.
Some acrylic brass colored paint.
Some brass jinglies left over from some other jewelry project.
I am often inspired by Steampunk asthetics, and was going to work on something much harder before I found the forum at Brass Goggles. There is even a thread titled The Definitive Goggle Thread where a wonderful person named TheRedMax suggested welding goggles as a launching point.
Previous to that I was going to cut and shape colored plexi and attach it to brass or PVC painted fittings. As fantastic as that would be, my laziness coupled with an intense desire for instant gratification won out. Plus, the welding goggles were only $8 and some change. That was far cheaper than my original plan.
This project could be done in one or two days depending on drying glue or paint times. It took me the better part of a week because I was ill with acute tonsillitis. Epoxy is nausea inducing by itself let alone when you are already ill from your tonsils going bad. I tend to tinker when nervous, so here you go.
(Not to worry! I go to surgery today in a couple hours to get them out. I am going to ask if they will give me the tonsils, but I suspect that request will be denied. If they do give me my tonsils I will post a picture, I promise.)
As a side note, my camera is very old and in poor condition. For some reason it shoots colors oddly, and is in general a pain. Please forgive the nature of the pictures, and the wonky colors.