A year & a day before I published this paper lamp, my favorite paper lamp of all times, my first too. And guess what, I almost forgot about it until a few days back someone pinned it on pinterest from my board. Old memories came back like a breeze of fresh air. And now year after I published it, I came up with more awesome lamps using the same fun.
Now the question is why so late? well, I think the creative side of my brain is more active since I joined instructables :).
So I experimented with shapes and came up with so many designs. In this ible I am going to show you 5 of them and trust me after reading this, you will invent even more of them :).
You don't have read it step by step because step 5 onwards each step is a new design. So if you already know or have everything to get you started, feel free to jump over.
These designs are made using a simple triangular paper module and it is very easy (yup, that's the keyword) to assemble together into awesome geometric shapes.
I named each lamp to some funny name related to space. I hope you will find them fun to work with.
Let's begin the fun.
Step 1: Stuff you need
You would need very simple stuff:
- CRAFT Glue like Elmer's or Fevicol (Sorry not in the picture above)
- A sharp craft scissor
- A geometric compass and pencil
- Lots of 15mm or 19mm binder clips (they come in real handy)
- A ruler
- A light arrangement
- Cutting mat is recommended
- Thick paper or card paper of color of your choice (Dark colors wont work well in light if the paper is too thick). A3 or bigger if you can get.