The prototype was hand made but can be generated by laser cutting for higher volume.
The biggest problem in this project was to find a modular shape that fit's in the wooden cedar pieces. After a process of trial and error where paper pieces were made, I finally found this shape which is based upon a styled and basic shape of a tree. After the paper prototype, i made the pieces in a harder material called 'kadapak' to see how each piece connect with each other in a larger collection. After i was satisfied, i started to make 20 pieces or so by hand. A step by step guide is included in the pictures.