Do you like making things out of rope? Or paracord? Or something like that? Do you like to boast about yourself? Then prove yourself worthy for that self praise and make your own Monkey's Fist Keychain! Carry it around with you everywhere and show it to people and proudly tell them, "You know what? I made this myself."
Step 1: Materials Required
1) Around 3 feet and 7" of paracord or any other cord ( rope can also be used)
2) 1 bead
3) A keyring
Step 2: Making the Monkey's Fist
1) Wrap the rope thrice around your fingers loosely.
2) Wrap the rope horizontally thrice around the first three loops loosely.
3) Now you need a kind of core for your monkey's fist. So here I have used a bead. You can use any other small spherical object.
4) Now wrap the rope thrice around the core through the gap of the horizontal and vertical wrappings.
5) Now pull the rope and tighten the monkey's fist knot. Don't just pull the two ends, you will have to pull each wrapping until it becomes tight.
Step 3: The Hangman's Noose
So once again most of you know how to make a Hangman's Noose, but here is a tutorial of how to make one.
1) Make an S-shape with the rope and try to make approximate measurements like in the photo.
2) Now wrap the monkey's fist end of the rope around the three strands of rope.
3) Once you run out of rope on the fist's end, slip it through the loop at that end.
4) Pull the single strand of rope from the other end. It tightens the loop through which the fist was pushed through.
5) Take the single strand and wrap it around the other swirl looking rope to give it thickness.
6) Super glue the ropes in place at the end of the swirl and at the beginning of the monkey's fist. In the case of paracord, use a lighter to melt the two ends together.
7) Cut off the excess rope.
8) Attach the keyring onto the loop on the end of the noose.