The coasters construction is straight forward.
- Lay the property cards on disposable paper, face up.
- Paint several layers of decoupage glue over the cards. Allow each layer to dry before applying the next.
- Arrange the cards on the rolled out cork board, estimating the amount of cork backings. Plan a ~1/8" border on each card and allow further ~1/2" spacing between each card.
Remove the cards and spread flexible epoxy over the required cork. Use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Press the felt onto the cork by hand. Pile heavy books on the composite for several hours.
NOTE: many flexible epoxies cure by evaporation, the books will slow this down.
- WARNING: follow the safety instructions of the epoxy to avoid dangerous vapors.
- Cut approximate backing for each card.
- Adhere the cards to the cork with wood glue, press with heavy books while drying.
- Trim the borders of your coasters cleanly.
- Spray the coaster-tops with several layers of acrylic varnish, creating a non-tacky surface.