Step 1: Ingredients and Supplies
1. Six (6) eggs
2. One (1) pound brown sugar
3. Two (2) cups sugar
4. One-and-a-half (1 1/2) teaspoons vanilla
5. Four (4) teaspoons baking powder
6. One-half (1/2) pound butter (soften)
7. One-and-a-half (1 1/2) cups peanut butter
8. One-half (1/2) pounds chocolate chips
9. One-half (1/2) pounds regular M&M's
10. One-fourth (1/4) cup chopped nuts (note: I used pecans)
11. Nine (9) cups oatmeal
1. Large bowl (There's going to be a lot of batter)
2. Large strong mixing spoon (I have broken a spoon making these before)
3. A strong arm
4. An ice cream scoop (You'll use this to form the cookies. I don't have one, so I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup)
5. Assorted measuring cups and spoons
6. A stand-alone or hand mixer
7. Two (2) cookie sheets
Step 2: Mix It Up
Combine all the ingredients.
I find it easier to start with the eggs, butter, and sugars. Beat together until smooth. Add the baking powder and vanilla. Next, beat in the peanut butter. Using the large spoons, fold in the chocolate chips, nuts, and M&M's.
Now you'll need a strong arm to stir in all the oatmeal. The batter will get very stiff.
Step 3: Baking Time
I mentioned two cookie sheets in the supply list because you'll want to let the cookies cool on the sheets. So when you pull one sheet out, place the second baking sheet in the oven. By the time the second sheet needs to come out of the oven, the first one will be cool enough the remove the cookies. If you don't let the cookies cool first, they will fall apart. Using two cookie sheets will help make the baking go much faster.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Note: substituting raisins for the chocolate chips is yummy, especially if you want less chocolate.