Introduction: Mood Light
If you have useless and practically unreachable shelf, you can turn it into cool mood light to decorate your home.
This piece of furniture was originally designed to pass day-light to hallway.
So I decided to make it generate light where there is no day-light
Step 1: Material and Tools
Main things that you need:
- LED stripe
- AC/DC adapter
- RGB LED controller
- Soldering iron
- Scissors, knife, reamer (Swiss knife is my choice)
Step 2: Draw, Cut, Ream, Glue, Soldier
Draw places of parts distribution on plates.
- I used hardboard. Most appropriate would be some electric board or metal sheet, but that would rise costs of project.
- I used bolts with addition of rubber stickers for legs.
- Place terminal for connection. You can use 4 pin RGB LED connector, but that rises that costs.
Cut LED stripe into pieces.
- I needed 20 cm pieces. That depends on dimensions of your shelf.
Place pieces of strip on plates.
- Make sure to keep connection order.
- Cut it in different length depending on connection distance.
- Connections need to be small as possible. If not experienced, better to practice before start soldering.
- I recommend 0.5 tin for LED stripe connections.
Step 3: Test It
Check the result.
- If connections are not properly soldered, light will blink or be in different color than set with controller.
- In that case re-solder connection.
- You can use multimeter instrument to check voltage or to find joint connections.
Step 4: Install It
Make your home more cool with this easy and cheap mood light.
It is perfect as night-light if you have youngsters.
Enjoy, cause you earn it.
This project entered Make It Glow Contest, so if you like it, please vote for it.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.