Vote for it for the Let It Glow contest!
Step 1: What you need
2. Plastic water bottles (0.5L) - thinner plastic = better for this project
3. Spray paint/acryllic paint
4. Painter's tape
5. Red LEDs - 20mA at 3V
6. Battery holder + 3 AA batteries
8. Solder and soldering Iron,
9. Wire cutter
10. Super Glue
11. Some pointy tool to punch holes.
Step 2: Make ready
Place the crushed bottles on to the aqua blue core like you want. I did a 10 rows by 4 columns arrangement to give it a modern look. Measure the length and breadth and divide into 40 squares. Find the center of each square and using a pointy tool, punch a hole at the center.
Clean the base with a dry cloth to get rid of any dust. Spray paint it the way you like it. I gave it a red border with an aqua blue core. Leave it to dry. Go crazy here!!! Paint it how you like it. You don't even have to paint it. You can cover it with different kinds of paper/fabric/newspaper ads that fill up our mailboxes... anything.. or just leave it like that.