For Roll :
Moong dal (yellow gram split) - (socked for 2-3 hr)
Turmeric -a pinch
Salt – according to taste
Green coriander leaves ( finely chopped) 3-4 tbsp
Butter milk for grinding moong dal – 1cup
For filling :
Butter – 1tbsp
Green chillis – 2 finely chopped
Red chilli powder – 1tbsp
Spinach – 100gms (blanched & chopped)
Carrot – 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
Corn – 100gms (boiled)
Chaat masala – 1tbsp
Salt – as required
White sesame seed – 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder -1/4 tbsp
Sour Cream / cheese spread – 2tbsp
Processed Cheese (grated)
1. Drain the water from the soaked dal and wash a few times.
2. Grind the moong dal along with the green chillis, salt and asafoetida in a mixer grinder with butter milk.
The batter should be coarse but of dropping consistency. You can adjust the amount of butter milk in the batter for the same. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
2. Now, melt the butter in a fry pan. And add the chopped onions, carrot, mashrooms , tomatoes ,corn and spinach sauté for 2-3 mints on high flame.
5. Add the salt, pepper powder, coriander powder , red chilli powder , chaat masala and Mix well and keep a side for cool.
6. Once mixture is become cool than add white sesame & sour cream /cheese spread and mix well.
8. Heat a tawa(flat iron skillet) and grease it(not needed in case of non-stick tawa). The tawa should not be too hot else the cheela (wrap) will spread evenly and break.
9. Spread a ladle full of batter to a thin disc. It is better to spread the batter in a slightly oblong shape so that it is easier to wrap around the stuffing.
10. Drizzle a little oil and cook on medium heat till the underside is nearly done (3/4th) . Carefully flip over, drizzle a little oil and cook till it is golden brown.
11. Flip the cheela (wrap) over and Spread a tablespoon full of stuffing.
13. Again grate some cheese over the stuffing.
13. Roll the sides of the cheela (wrap)over the stuffing. Remove from flame and serve hot with ketchup or any dip of your choice. You can cut the roll into 2 to 3 diagonal pieces for better presentation.