So my long distance girlfriend and her family planned to come over to my country for a few days. And I decided to make a plushie for her. Cause she loves plushies and there was once when we were video chatting, that she mentions that she wished there was such a thing as a Moonkin Hatchling plushie. She loves Moonkin Hatchlings, a virtual pet from the MMORPG, World of Warcraft. Which was the video game where we met.
And I took the liberty of a few weeks to complete it, well before she comes over. I took a short while of designing and drawing cause I thought I wouldn't make it in time before she'd come over. And the thing is, I kept it a closely guarded secret. She had no idea I had been making it. I managed to finish it in about 2 weeks. Yeah I know I'm a noob. I had to work too hey, work 6 days a week, and most of the time i come home tired and didn't bother with it :P
Cost : $16.50
Time Completed: 2 weeks
Difficulty : 6/10
Tools : 1x Needle
Matching coloured Thread.
Materials : 1x Sheet of Black felt
1x Sheet of White felt
2x Sheets of Dark Grey felt
2x Sheets of Grey felt
2x Sheets of Dark Ink Blue felt
1x Sheet of Light Beige felt
1x Sheet of Light Brown felt
1x Sheet of Orange felt
One big bag of stuffings!
NOTE: Most of the tools used are sharp and dangerous for young children. Please have a responsible adult do it for you, or at least supervise you in the works.
Also. This is my first time sewing. I've never sewn anything in my entire life, so... I apologise if it looks horrible D:
Step 1: Drawing, Planning. Just a pattern.
I started off with a really quick sketch of the original Moonkin. Then, I slowly eliminated the parts, body, arms, and feet. Also taking note of the colours to be used. As seen in the first figure, on the right, I sketched down all the colours I had, naming them, and taking note of the amount of parts the colours had to be used for. Which was kind of tricky. But I managed to pass.
On the second photo, I started out with the beak. I was thinking, safe. And because I had no time to waste, I quickly came up with a full mouthless beak. Only determined with shape, but retaining the actual look. Kinda :P I also noticed in some plush toys I've already owned, that stitchings could be used to make dimples. And then voilla, I made dimples on the beak to resemble a nostril. The arm parts were tricky, because I had to stitch them from the wrong side. and if I flipped them, they wouldn't look like what it should. Took me a long time to decide for this, but I decided to make the arm more linear on the edge part, to make it all easier :P