We also always had these rolls for Christmas, they are quite easy to make and addictive. They are good fresh but they also are good a couple days later--if they aren't eaten right up!
Step 1: Recipe
1/2 c butter
3/4 c sugar
1 t salt
6-7 c flour
10-15 cardamom pods (take seeds out and grind them)
2 pkt yeast
4 eggs, beaten
Step 2: Method
2. Heat milk and butter to about 125 - 130 degrees F.
3. Add to flour.
4. Add eggs (warm or room temperature).
5. Continue adding flour until stiff but still fairly sticky.
6. Let rise two times. Punching it down each time.
7. Make into rolls, let rise to double and bake in a 350 degree F oven.