Introduction: Mosaic Boston - JP Sound Setup Guide
This guide is intended to be used as a reference for setting up the sound equipment for Mosaic Boston JP. **Note: This is for setup without the digital snake.
Step 1: Verify Speaker Settings and Inputs
Due to moving the speakers week after week, the settings often get bumped/changed. Please be sure to check the settings as well as making sure the inputs are correct.
- All switches should be in the 'up' position.
- The volume Knob should be at half-way.
- Use Input 'B' (Input 'A' has been used heavily, sound quality is not as good)
- Input 'B' connects to Output 'B' on the Subwoofer
Step 2: Check Subwoofer Settings/Inputs
Same as the speakers, check the subwoofer settings/inputs due to being moved week after week.
- Use Input 'B' to connect to the Soundboard
- Output 'B' connects to Input 'B' on the Speaker
- Verify Knobs are in the right place via the picture. Should see a light if speaker is on.
- Don't forget the power cord! You should see the indicator light if it's on.
Step 3: Check Speaker Height
Speakers should be at 35 inches.
**Point Speakers diagonally (slightly) across the aisle. Point towards back corner of aisle (slightly towards middle)
**Subwoofers should point straight down the aisle.
Step 4: Floor Monitor and Recording Device -- Aux 1 & Aux 10
- The floor monitor should use a quarter inch in the 'Input'. Don't forget the power cord.
- Floor Monitor plugs into Aux 1 on the soundboard.
- Recording Device plugs into Aux 10
Step 5: Secondary Monitor (Full Band Only) - Aux 3
If needed, use the secondary monitor to reduce blaring instruments through one monitor. Ideally, you shouldn't be able to hear instruments through the monitors ~4 rows back. You don't want to blare the main speakers either.
- Give this monitor to the pianist/keyboard - Already mixed.
- ****If you use this monitor, you need to use a 'DI' Box (Shown Above)
- DI box connects with an XLR to the monitor, and a quarter inch to the Soundboard to Aux 3
Step 6: Connect Instruments
Use corresponding labels on the soundboard to connect the Instruments.
Step 7: Connecting the Keyboard
The keyboard should connect to the 'Mic' slot on the soundboard (shown above).
Using 'insert' will not work properly.
Step 8: Load Scene - Mosaic JP (2)
Don't forget to clear the sliders.
Make sure you bring all Subgroups up (except Subgroup 1 - FX).
- Load Scene - Mosaic JP (2)
- Bring Main Speaker slider to 'u' (Unity)
- Bring Vocals to 'u' (unity)
- Bring band up to appropriate level (vocals should still come through clearly)
- Bring drums up just below Band
Step 9: Key Board Hookups
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.