When I was shopping in a thrift store one day I found a dress that looked like WINTER to me so I bought it and that's how it started.
Step 1: Materials
2. Extra Material (used to lengthen the dress)
4. Needle and Thread (various colours)
5. Artificial flowers and leaves (dollar store)
6. Snowflakes (christmas decorations from the dollar store)
7. Quilters polyester batting (WalMart)
Step 2: Design
I sketched out my idea. I wanted to somehow combine the 4 seasons.
Now it it was time to start shopping around for flowers and leaves.
Step 3: Lengthening the dress
Step 4: Selecting Materials
I had to trim all the stems and figure out how to fasted them to the dress. I thought a glue gun might be easiest but my Mom had a pretty decent sewing kit so I decided to sew everything on the dress. Sewing is probably a lot more time consuming than using a glue gun but I was able to move and reposition stuff (without damaging the dress) by sewing so I'm happy I went with it.