Introduction: Mother's Day E-Card
Mother’s day is coming. have you got any present for your mums? Here’s one techy way to greet and say how you love your mother on that special day, the Mother’s Day Electronic Card.
This project uses 4D Systems’ 4.3″ gen4 HMI Display module. It is a 480×272 pixel TFT LCD Display , with Capacitive Touch. The gen4 series has a slim configuraion designed specifically for ease of integration increasing the space consideration per project which can be perfectly installed in a Mother’s Day Card. With the help of the display’s capacitive touch feature, Graphical User Interface (GUI) is programmed into this module. It has three pages which can be easily navigated by pressing the winbuttons on the Display. The last two pages contains the video greetings for your mother. You can also use your own video here for aa more personalised message.
Step 1: How It Works
This project has multiple forms where you can navigate by touching the winbutton. You can play videos in each forms.
You can also change the message or the video by modifying the project file.
Step 2: Implementation
- micro SD Card
- gen4-PA or USB PA-5
- uUSB cable
Connect the display to your computer to load the program. See the attached photo for your reference
Step 3: Program
Download the project file here.
You can download Workshop 4 IDE and the complete code for this project from our website.
- Open the project using Workshop 4. This project uses the ViSi Genie Environment.You can modify the properties of each widgets.
- Click on the Compile button.
Note: This step could be skipped. However, compiling is essential for debugging purposes.
- Connect the display to the PC using μUSB-PA5 and a mini USB cable.
- Make sure that you are connected to the right port. Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
- Now click on the “Comp’nLoad” button.
- Workshop 4 will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a μSD Card. After selecting the correct drive, click OK.
- The module will prompt you to insert the μSD card.Properly unmount the μSD Card from the PC and insert it to the μSD Card slot of the display module.
The image above must appear on your display after completing the steps above.
Step 4: The Card
You can make any card of your own design. Just make sure the gen4-uLCD-43DCT can be mounted inside your greeting card.
You can add flower or heart origami for aesthetic version of this e-CARD.
Step 5: Demo
Install the gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB with your personalized card.
You need to power it up with 5V Power supply to make it work.
For more projects, you can visit 4D Makers website. Thank you !!!