See it in action and the test results!
Step 1: What You Need...
Step 2: Prepare the Motion Sensor
Step 3: Assemble the Components
Follow the included schematic.
1. Solder the diode to the reed relay paying attention to the cathode (-) position. The purpose of the diode is to prevent voltage flow back into the circuit when the relay is triggered.
2. Solder the capacitor to the diode. Again, pay attention to the striped (-) marking on the capacitor.
The purpose of the capacitor is to turn the relay into a temporary switch by limiting the voltage pulses to a single pulse rather than the continual pulses the alarm gives out.
3. Make your connection from the (+) side of the cap to J2 on the circuit board. J2 is the trigger point for the motion sensor.
4. Make your connection from the anode (+) side of the diode to ground located where the 9V wires are at J5 on the circuit board.
5. Run two wires from the outside contacts on the relay to your switch. The switch allows you to stop recordin and power off the DVR.