Here you can find my unique retractable motorbike carrier project with 38 photos and detailed explanations...
Step 1: Old One!
When we bought our motorhome, it already equipped with a "carrier" on it.
Design of this carrier was really terrible:
- Due to straight main beams, it reduces departure angle of RV and crashes to ground even at small slopes; for example every ferry travel :(
- Lenghtens RV approximately 55cm, permanently
- Can carry only a motorbike (small one :) ) and no space for our bicycle
- Masks licence plate (it is not legal of course) and no extra driving lights
- No place for bike ramp and we had to carry it in cargo space!
- Main rail steel was too thin and flimsy
- Heavy for its size due to unnecessary thickness of stainless steel pipes
Of course removed it after our second trip and start to design much better one by myself; hooray! :))