This is an offroading mountain board, if you ever wanted to ride down a trail and over obstacles off road, here is your chance. The mountain board rolls over roots, rocks, pine cones... and works great off road as well as on with great speed, and if you enjoy this project I would really appreciate the vote.
Step 1: Materials
- Four Harbor Freight wheels.
- An old skateboard to use for parts. You just need need the trucks w/ the bolts and the deck.
- 1"x4"x44" inch board or however long you decide you want your mountain board.
- 2 axles 5/8 inch diameter (this fits on the wheels). The length of axles will vary depending on how long your trucks are, the axles have to be as long as the truck and the two wheels added. Each Harbor Freight wheel is two and a quarter inches, so 4.5" is needed for the wheels, and my trucks are 9 inches so I need the axles to be 13.5".
- 8 bolts, nuts, and washers from the old skateboard to hold the trucks on the new 1"x4"x44" inch board (instead of on the old skateboard)
- Screws to secure the skateboard deck onto the 1"x4"x44" inch board. I used drywall screws.
- 4 brackets that connect the old skateboard axles to the new ones and twelve nuts and 8 washers to use as spacers and to secure the axles together.
- 4 pvc spacers to put inside the wheels.
- 4 cotter pins to hold wheels on.