The following is my attempt at building a "rocket mounted video camera"
First check out my Youtube clup below of the rocket with video camera attached.
The below is a link to make Magazine which ddescribes how to build a compressed air rocket launcher
There are also some good instrucables - just type in compressed air rockets
The Parts to build the Compressed air rocket are pretty easy to find - if you are Australian then I suggest going to Reece Plumming as they have virtually all of the parts needed. Bunnings also sell the sprinkler valves.
Also, the rockets are only made of paper and masking tape. Check out the web or instrucables on how to make some cool looking rockets
Step 1: Step 1 - parts
- Mini Spy Camera. These can be purchased on Ebay. The link below is the one that I purchased.
- Foam mattress - I used a thin cheap one brought at a camping store - This is used for protection of the camera
- Cable ties
- Super glue
- Masking tape
Step 2: Step - 2 Protecting the video camera
1. Cut a peice of foam so it fits tightly around the lighter
2. Use cable ties to keep the foam secure
3. Superglue the join.
4. Make sure that you put a hole in the foam so you can see the led light that tells you if the device is on.