Step 1: Ingredientes (Ingredients)
- uma lata de leite condensado (395g)
- a mesma medida de maracujá batido e coado (cerca de 3 maracujás grandes)
- duas caixinhas de creme de leite (200g cada)
- *opcional: um pacote de gelatina sem sabor (só para o caso de não ficar firme o suficiente)
- one can of sweet condensed milk (395 g or 14 oz)
- the same quantity of blended and strained passion fruit (about three big passion fruits)
- 400g (14 oz) of heavy cream
- *optional: one package of unflavored gelatin (just in case it don't get firm enough)
Cut the passion fruits and remove the pulp. Set aside some pulp with the seeds to decorate.
Slightly shake the passion fruit pulp in the blender, without water. Use the slowest mode of the blender, or the "pulse" control. Try not to break the seeds too much. Strain the pulp and set aside. Wash the blender with water, just to take off the seeds; you will use it again.
Put in the blender: the sweet condensed milk and the same quantity of the strained passion fruit pulp (you can use the package of the sweet condensed milk to measure the pulp). Then add the heavy cream and blend it well, for about 40 seconds. Consistency of the mousse may vary upon the brand of the heavy cream you used. If you think it didn't get firm enough, you can add one pack of unflavored gelatin, prepared according to the package. Or try another brand next time...
Put it all in a big bowl, place the seeds took aside before, to decorate, and take it to the freezer for about one hour. Time may vary upon the power of your freezer, so check it out from time to time to see if it's ready. If you leave it there for a longer time, it turns into ice cream!