I mixed portland cement with Quikrete all-purpose sand in roughly a 1-3 ratio and poured it into the mold. I used some chicken wire from the garage through the mold to try to give strength to the concrete.
The legs of the firepit are made from some aluminum pipe that was salvaged from our pool's solar cover, which had gotten torn up. There are four legs, two of them with wheels so that it can be moved. The wheels are salvaged from an old lawnmower I took apart, and were bolted onto the aluminum pipes.
Broken glass from beer and wine bottles was used as decoration along the top of the firepit. I broke them by smashing the bottles inside a five gallon bucket with a sledge hammer.
I realize there aren't a ton, or very good pictures, but I figured someone may find some use out of this.
I like commments!! : )