Step 1: Things You Will Need
1 1/2 pounds Ground chicken (or boneless skinless chicken breasts if you have a meat grinder)
6 or 7 Mozzarella string cheese sticks
(Or you can use block cheese instead. Just cut it long ways, in sticks about as thick a your finger)
Marinara or spaghetti sauce (or other favorite dipping sauce)
1 cup milk
2 cups Bread crumbs (or toasted bread if you have a food processor.)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup corn meal
Seasonings (I used the following...)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cilantro
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil
1/8 tsp salt
oil for frying
Step 2: Preping Your Sticks
2. Place a handful of chicken on a piece of plastic wrap.
3. Use the plastic to flatten the meat (about 1/4 inch thick) into a rectangular shape.It should be longer
than the stick of cheese and wide enough to wrap around it completely. The thinner and smoother the
meat is, the better your sticks will turn out.
4. Place the stick of cheese on the middle section of one of the long edges.
5. Use plastic wrap to slowly wrap the meat around the cheese.
6. Wrap completely, then use plastic to seal the log together.
7. Fold and seal the meat tightly and evenly at both ends of the stick. when you are done, the meat
should be covering the piece of cheese evenly and completely. If there are any holes, the cheese
could leak out while cooking.
8. Place on baking sheet covered with wax paper and put in freezer for at least one hour. This is a good
Time to place you Marinara sauce in the fridge to have it nice and cold when ready to serve.
Step 3: Breading and Frying
2. Mix bread crumbs, flour, corn meal, and other dry seasonings together in large mixing pan.
3 Mix Eggs and milk together in another larger mixing pan.
4. Roll your frozen chicken stick in the dry mix until it is lightly coated with flour.
(I remove the sticks from the freezer one at a time as I bread and fry them, This will help to keep
them good and solid while breading and cooking each batch. If the meat thaws, it becomes harder
to work with.)
5. Roll the in the egg mixture until covered evenly
6. Roll the egg covered stick in the breading. you can pat breading on top of it to help it stick better.
7. Repeat parts 5 and 6 until your stick has be fully coated in both mixtures twice. By know it should
be covered evenly and completely.
8. Place breaded stick into hot oil and cook on both sides until golden brown.
9. Place on paper towels to soak up excess grease, then let cool for a couple minutes before serving
with you chilled marinara sauce.
If you like this recipe, You can Check my other stuff by clicking here.
I'm always posting the new fat and tasty experiments that come out my kitchen.