1. draw a little sketch of your monster and then try to figure out the skeleton of your friend which you will cut out from cardboard
2. stick the cardboard pieces together with sticky tape and make the skeleton stand on it’s own feet.
3. start filling it up with crumpled newspaper until you get to the basic shape of your future buddy.
4. after you managed to give your buddy a head, a belly and some arms and legs… wrap it up with some big pieces of newspaper to create some sort of skin for him. Use a good amount of sticky tape to stick the newspapers together.
5. we decided to keep Mr Wrinkles with us for a long time so we coated his whole body with brown stiky-tape to make him strong and resistant to playfull moments ï
6. in order to paint him with the desired colours we aplied another coating , this time …made out of newspaper bands which we applied with white glue. Apply another thick layer of white glue after you’re done with the newspaper bands and wait paitently until it’s completely dry.
7. now you have an almost finished monster-buddy that awaits to get some eyes, a smile and some back spikes in case you want him to look a little more fearce (we made the spikes out of a pizza box)
8. paint him in whatever colours your imagination desires and don’t forget to make him smile ;)
9. voila! - you got yourself a new friend who can give a touch of colour and joy to your room, workshop or garden and not to forget the kids who for sure will love his presence