How to make a mudflap for bicycle fenders (mudguards).
Step 1: Make the Mudflap
- a sheet of plastic ( I have used a piece cut out from a lid )
size depends on fender width, see templates.
- a zip-tie ( use black for weather resistance )
- a sharp knife and a pair of scissors
- a hole puncer
- a drill machine
- printer for the cutting template
- cut out the plastic piece
- print out the PDF cutting template and tape it on the plastic piece
1. for 45 mm fenders: www.benvelo.com/mudflap_45mm.pdf
2. for 60 mm fenders: www.benvelo.com/mudflap_60mm.pdf
3. for 35-60 mm fenders, long plain design: www.benvelo.com/mudflap_long.pdf
- make the holes and make a surface mark through the cutting lines with a knife
- remove the template and cut out the piece as shown .