Fog machines are common equipment when it comes to Halloween, but they have their drawbacks. They shoot fog in only one stream, and the fog is limited to the color white. Now you will be armed with knowledge about how to create a fog spreader that has colors which you can change with the flip of a switch.
Step 1: Materials
- Fog machine.
- 2 sections of PVC pipe.
- PVC T fitting that fits your pipe
- 12 bright red LED's
- 12 bright blue LED's
- 1 SPST (single pole, single throw) switch
- 1 SPDT (single pole, double throw) switch
- Soldering supplies
- Wire (several yards)
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Drill with 1/2 in bit and 5 mm (or close) bit.
- Cable ties
- X-acto knife
- Tape measure
- Piece of scrap wood
- Some sort of strong tape (Foil tape is recommended. This stuff is amazing)
Step 2: Prepare Pipe
Epoxy the nozzle cap to the base of the T connector and allow to dry. (hint: use 5 min epoxy. it saves time)
Insert the 2 segments of pipe into the unused portions of the T piece. I didn't glue these but you may need to.
Use foil tape (or duct tape) to cover the ends of the pipes so the fog does not escape where we don't want it to.