This lamp uses Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Purple, Aqua-Green, and Blue 5mm LEDs along with an upper and lower White 12v LED strip. Each of the colors and upper/lower LED strips are all individually controllable with 8-bit PWM. Using a 8 Channel LED controller v.3 with the MonoMotion Software, patterns are easily created and uploaded to utilize this custom configuration. A few patterns were made that cycles the various LED colors, or utilizes the white LED strips for functional light. More details on Step 5.
Created from an 8 Channel LED controller v.3, a broken solar garden light, a white plastic cup, a disc of MDF, and a plastic base from an old toy.
Step 1: Parts and Tools:
- 8 Channel LED Controller v.3 with MonoMotion Compatible Firmware(standard with the kit)
- White LED Strip, 3528 style
- 6 pcs each of 6 Colors of 5mm diffused LEDs, I chose: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Purple, Aqua-Green, Blue, The Store
- Resistors 1 for each of the colors(mounted on the 8 Channel LED Controller PCB)
- USB to Serial Adapter with 3-pin header connection wire
- Old Solar garden light with diffuser, found in garbage.
- semi translucent white plastic cup, semi translucent HDPE purchased surplus
- 3/4" PVC Pipe
- 6" diameter x 0.5" thick partical board base
- Plastic cylinder base, from an old toy
- Electronics tools
- Hack saw
- Hot Glue Gun
- Drill, and bits various sizes