Introduction: Murunga Flowers Stir Fry
The fruits, leaves and flowers of Drumstick tree, otherwise known as "Moringa oleifera" can be used in cooking healthy and delicious dishes in the kitchen.
Here is a simple recipe to make a stir fry from the flowers of Drumstick tree.
Step 1: Harvest the Flowers
During flowering season, you can find lots of flowers in bunches on the tree. Most of them do not turn into fruits.
- Harvest a handful of fresh flowers
- Remove the stems and wash the flowers in clean water.
- Drain out the water as keep the flowers aside
Step 2: Ingredients
- One medium sized onion cleaned and chopped
- Grated coconut from 1/4th of a fresh coconut
Step 3: Preparation
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Add a teaspoon of mustard seeds and one or two red chilies broken into pieces to the hot oil
- Add the chopped onions and cook till golden brown
Step 4: Add Murunga Flowers
- Now add the cleaned Murunga flowers to the pan and mix well with the onions
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium flame for about 8 to 10 minutes
Step 5: Add Grated Coconut
- Remove the cover and add grated coconut to the cooked flowers
- Mix well and remove from stove.
Stir fried Murunga flowers are ready. You can use it as a normal vegetable with rice, chapati and bread.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.