- Fat chopped mushroom - 200 gms
- Long cut Capsicum - 2 medium sized
- Sunflower oil (or any cooking oil you prefer) - 2 TBS
- Ginger paste - 1 TBS
- Garlic paste - 1 TBS
- Long cut Onion - 2 medium sized
- Diced tomato - 1 large or 2 TBS tomato puree
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 TBS
- Cashewnut powder - 3 TBS
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped fresh coriander
Step 1: Prepare the Masala
2. Add Tomatoes: At this stage add the diced tomatoes and the following dry masalas: Garam masala, Coriander powder, Red chilli powder, Turmeric powder and the Salt. Stir the ingredients nicely and cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame Or until the oil separates from the masala.
3. Add Cashewnut powder: At this stage add the cashewnut powder and 3/4 cup water. Stir the mixture well and cover the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
Step 2: Final Run
2. When the mushroom has become a little droopy and the capsicum is no longer very crisp but still a little crisp you can remove the pan from the flame. Transfer it to a serving pan and garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander.
Serve hot with Roti(indian bread). This dish goes well with Rice and daal too.