One of the most popular dish all over the world is without a doubt Pizza. This is my first time making pizza at home. Making homemade pizza from dough is quick and easy. There are no rules about the kinds of topping you put in pizza. Lets get started. This is my way of doing cheese pizza with basil.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Active dry yeast -1 (0.25 ounce)Packet
- Warm Water - 1 cup (45 -50 degree C)
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon Flour (Whole wheat/ Bread / All purpose )- 2 1/2 cup
- Olive oil / Vegetable oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
For Sauce and Toppings
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 cup (shredded or small cubes )
- Basil leaves - 1 handful
- Tomato sauce - 5 tablespoon
- Chilli sauce - 2 Tablespoon
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Onion - 1/2
- Tomato - 1/2
- Bell Pepper -1/2
- Green chilli - 1
Step 2: Kneading the Dough
- In a cup of warm water,dissolve yeast and sugar. Let stand until it rises about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix 2 cups flour and salt.
- Add yeast mixture and oil; mix until dough forms a sticky ball
- Knead dough until smooth, adding more flour about 1 minute.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in warm area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
Hint: Dough can also be stored in airtight container in refrigerator for later use.
Step 3: Pizza Base and Sauce
Preheat oven 400 degree F (200 degree C)
- Take half of dough onto a well floured surface.
- Roll out with rolling pin or by hand.
- Start in center of dough, working outward toward edges.
- Form dough into a 1/4 inch thin crust (square or round shape).
Chop basil leaves, garlic and mix it with tomato, chilli sauce.
Step 4: Toppings
- Spread the mixed sauce over the dough.
- Top with chopped onion , bell pepper , tomato, green chilli and cheese.
- Move pizza to oil sprayed baking sheet.
Step 5: Finally.........
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, until the crust is golden- brown and the cheese looks toasty.
- Let the pizza cool slightly.
- Slice it into pieces and serve.
Enjoy the homemade pizza.