Next thing I made was the hinge system for the furnace lid. I used 20x20mm box iron from scrap metal I kept for a "rainy day". I used my drill press for accurate 10mm holes. The 2 box iron that I welded to the lid I made longer to act as stopper preventing the lid from falling back. Before welding I set the lid in the correct position using the blue mark as guide. After the lid was in place I secured it with large welding magnets and welded the hinge into place. I am very happy with the result and the hinge is very strong and sturdy. After finishing with the hinge I cut the outlet hole on the top of the furnace.