RX is my best friend, I love it and crazy about it :-) . Once in a year i used to modify it, painting, alteration ete...and all it was done by mechanics. This time i wanted to know all about my RX, engine part, electrical etc... and engine also already ceased. Decided to restore it , downloaded Yamaha RX100 Workshop Manual and bought new tools.
And started working in my home itself...
Step 1: My YAMAHA RX100 Restoration
1. Cranck / Drive Sprocket
2. Cylinder, Head, Piston
3. Head spark portion, Cylinder Inner Portion
Step 2: My YAMAHA RX100 Restoration
1. Clutch Housing
2. Plates, Friction Plate and its Springs
Step 3: My YAMAHA RX100 Restoration
I started assembling cylinder part first.
1. Fixing gasket.
2. Old piston and new one / New piston and its ring.
3. Installing piston to the crank shaft / After complete installation of cylinder and piston.
4. After installing cylinder and its head.
Step 5: My YAMAHA RX100 Restoration
2. My special tool setup to remove clutch housing (Spanner No 8 & 20)
3.Pressure Plate enclosed with Clutch, Friction plates